Most mornings while I am riding to work on the metro, I read a free paper published by the
Washington Post. It is small enough so that you don't have to hold your arms up to read it and thus you can stay in your own personal space (very important on a crowded metro). One section that I love is what they call the Blog Log. They find and publish bits and pieces of blogs on many various topics. I usually get a good laugh and then I pray that they never find my blog. Here is an entry from a few weeks ago that I saved because I could not have agreed with it more. This is from lacochran's blog.
"Over time, I've noticed that in men and in cars, I've come to require the same list of non-negotiable things (in no particular order):
- Not girly.
- Not all flash.
- Designed with intelligence.
- Solid.
- Agile and responsive.
- Doesn't get all shaky and fall apart if I push the envelope.
- Thrilling.
- Dependably consistent.
- Not jerky.
Notice how I didn't mention cup holders? I'm all kinds of classy like that,
Not too much to ask, now is it? It took me a long time to get clear on that but I am.
So, yeah, non-negotiable. You say I'm spoiled. I say I'm clear on objectives. Tomato, tomahto."I think if I added friendly to the environment, I would be all set. Now all I have to do is go car shopping.
1 comment:
That was clever! Wish I wrote it first!
Post a Comment