Actually ignore the last sentence. I know that Valentine's Day is a commercialized holiday and I know that I would like to find someone who showed me love and romance every day of the year and not just on one Hallmark day. But with that said, I am a romantic. And I am not talking about just liking Valentine's Day. I am an over-the-top, fall over heels, hopeless romantic. Truthfully, I really don't know why because past experience really hasn't given me much confidence that romance is anything more than wishful thinking that is sold in the form of chocolate and chick-flicks. However, I really can't help it. I love romantic gestures and I love the whole idea of falling and staying in love. I think Jane Austen said it best, "A girl likes to be crossed a little in love now and then. It is something to think of"
Regardless, I still don't have a Valentine but I don't want to be ungrateful for all the wonderful things in my life. If Valentine's Day is about love, then I will share with you 36 things that I love (in no particular order).
- My family including all of my cute nieces and nephews
- Good friends who love me for me
- Western sunsets
- Hugs & Kisses (see hopeless romantic above)
- Pedicures
- Surprises (good surprises)
- Packages in the mail
- Sunday naps
- A good home cooked meal
- Freshly washed sheets
- The kindness of others
- Reading cookbooks and making new recipes
- Farmer's Markets, Antique Stores, Flea Markets, Goodwill
- Mill Creek Canyon and the smell of the creek, the trees and a campfire
- Feeling understood and being able to communicate with someone freely
- NPR and any good listening options for my commute
- Chocolate covered cinnamon bears
- My job, my boss, my work location- I love where I work and who I work for!
- Landing in the Salt Lake airport
- A good cry
- Romantic movies
- Thunder and lightning storms (If I am safe inside watching)
- Going to quaint new places and experiencing new things including fun new restaurants
- Completing projects and being organized (wish this happened more)
- Hope
- Amazing technology
- Pumpkin Pie
- Good books and the time to read good books
- My testimony of the power of the gospel of Jesus Christ in my life
- Small, medium and large miracles
- Homemade lemonade, limeade, root beer- basically any homemade beverage
- The East Mill Creek 4th of July Parade
- Mountains
- Acupuncture
- My Birthday
- Babies

1 comment:
I love your list, but I really love PUMPKIN PIE!!!! Great minds think/love alike!
Post a Comment