Sunday, January 23, 2011

“What did I tell ya? There's the whole world at your feet. And who gets to see it but the birds, the stars and the chimney sweeps.”-Burt




I finally moved into my new office (ok, I have been here for a few months). I am still in Georgetown and I am still in the same complex as my old space but I am now on the fourth floor. I am happy to be away from the rats in the ceiling (so smelly), the mosquitoes (so itchy) and the poisonous snake (so scary). However, I do miss my friends and I miss being in the hustle and bustle. Working in HR can be very isolating and I enjoyed the comradery.


So, now that I am on the 4th floor. I have a huge window where I can benefit from the sunshine, observe the airplanes on their way to and from Reagan National Airport, listen and watch the military helicopters fly up and down the Potomac River and just enjoy my view. I tell people that it is my Mary Poppins’ view- a view of rooftops. Now, all I need a chimney sweep and some chalk.



No comments: