Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The TRAP

I fell for it. Yep, I fell for it again. You remember my complicated crush? Well, we kept "running" into each other and after our "break-up", I decided on a new form of interaction. It looked something like this: Run into Crush, be nice, look and smell terrific, smile, and wait. Wait for Crush to say something then I of course would respond with something witty and sweet back and then, and then as he wanted to talk a bit more, I would say my good-byes be leave. Well, this cycle went on for a while quite nicely until Crush stepped up his game. When we would "run" into each other, he would flirt, comment on my hair or my outfit, say nice things and make references to our past time together. I would then do the cool chick thing again and say something witty but not flirty, try and look terrific, smile and leave him wanting just a bit more. UNTIL...I fell for it. He flirted, he smiled, my heart melted so I flirted back. Then the next time he would flirt a bit more boldly, my knees would go weak and I flirted back. I even secured myself a date to the movies. This "date" was suppose to be tonight. I came home from work and primped (and I mean primped) until there was a small miscommunication and my date was and I quote, "rescheduled". For when, I do not know. I was not too pleased and spent my night a bit ticked off. I was not mad that he reschedule (that happens), I was not mad that there was miscommunication (that happens), I was mad that I fell for the trap. Alas, tomorrow is a new day and we will start the whole cycle over again. Crush will say something, I will be nice, smell terrific, smile, say something witty and just as he wants a bit more, say my good-byes and enjoy the look on his face when I walk out the door in my knee-high lipstick red high-heel boots. Who says I play fair?

3 comments:

Ellen said...

You crack me up. I'm sorry your date was canceled!! Good luck starting the cycle all over again!

Liz Lehnhof said...

So funny! I love it that you smelled terrific!

Alisha said...

You work it girl!!! Props to you! I love your tactics :) Good luck!