Whenever I make cookies I usually try and double the recipe so I have some dough to freeze for future use. I made frozen logs of dough for a long time but I thought that the cookies never baked up like the originals. Frustrated, I told my mom of my dilemma. My mom told me that my cousin Andrea (who is an amazing homemaker) would freeze the dough in balls and then she was able to pull out of the freezer how many cookies she wanted and they also bake up nice and round like the originals. Problem Solved! Saturday I had a family come look at my house and I wanted to have some cookies baking for good measure.
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Problem Solved
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Do you thaw them first before you bake? I always mean to freeze them like this, but end up doing the big blob of dough instead. xo
Great idea! I'll have to try it next time.
Just looking at those pictures I can taste the yumminess! You are a domestic diva!
Great tip!!!
Just pop them in directly from the freezer. I put them in a 350 degree oven for 5 minutes and then I rotate the pan, bake for another 5 minutes and check on them. Usually I will bake them 1 or 2 minutes after that until the tops look like they are cracking and then I take them out of the oven and let them sit on the pan for 2 minutes. At the point, you can eat or transfer to a wire rack. Good Luck!
Do you freeze them first THEN drop them in the bag......it's late, maybe I didn't read it right.
Great idea I will have to try that.
Post a Comment