Friday, August 29, 2008

Moving Tip #1

Here is one of the best tips I have ever received about moving. (Thanks Craig & Susan!)

Use Rubbermaid containers instead of boxes. They are a bit more expensive but they are more durable, waterproof, and reusable. What Craig & Susan did was they labeled the boxes, A, B, C...and then when she finished the alphabet she started on AA, BB, CC... They kept a list of what was contained in each box for easy reference. So, Christmas decorations might be in A, B, and C and Easter decorations might be in box D. The beauty of this plan is that if they ever decide to put Christmas decorations in box D and move Easter decorations to box E then they just change the master list and not the label on the box. GENIUS! I have shared this idea with many of my friends and family and they have used the tip with great success.


I guess the obvious part of my Target purchase is that I am planning to move soon. (as soon as my house sells). I don't like to move because it is so much work but I always love the fresh start!
Here are some of my boxes in my basement, labeled and ready to go!

6 comments:

kara jayne said...

where are you moving?

Oh, and yes...genius idea!

jill said...

Great idea! Any takers on your casa?

heather said...

Are you coming back to Utah?!!! Loved your seminary bulletin boards.

JENNIFRO said...

That's a great system! How's seminary going?

Liz Lehnhof said...

I need a post!!! Or at least a phone call.

Chris said...

Sorry I haven't responded. I am not sure where I am moving. My house needs to sell and then the world is my oyster:)