One of the many benefits of living in a big city is that there is always an enormous list of concerts, exhibits, lectures, movies, etc. that you can attend on any given night. Last night the singles group went to a free National Symphony Orchestra concert at the Carter Barron Amphitheatre in Rock Creek Park. They let you bring in food and the amphitheatre has really chairs so it makes for a very comfortable evening. I loved seeing all the families with the children enjoying the concert. Before the concert the orchestra holds a "petty zoo" where children and adults can come and play with different instruments.
Here is the program from last night:
Marcelo Lehninger, conductor
"Music from the Americas"
Gershwin: Cuban Overture
Williams: Olympic Fanfare and Theme
Copland: El Salón México
Chadwick: Symphonic Sketches – i. Jubilee
Gould: Latin-American Symphonette – ii. Tango
Grofé: Mississippi Suite – iv. Mardi Gras
Dvorák: Symphony No.9 "From the New World" – iv. finale
For the singles part of the evening, it was fine. I met some new people and I reconnected with some people that I have seen at other events. To be honest, I almost did not go because I just get nervous about the whole singles scene and I don't like showing up to the events by myself. But, I did go and I am so glad I did because it was a very fun night.
No comments:
Post a Comment