Monday, June 16, 2008

"You got peanut butter on my chocolate!"

“You got chocolate in my peanut butter! ... Two great tastes that taste great together, Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups." or

Peanut Butter Balls

My sister-in-law Shonna told me about this great blog called Cast Sugar. Nemmie (the owner of the blog) makes all sorts of recipes and then photographs her work. The blog is incredible. I needed something to take with me to the mix n’ mingle and Shonna suggested Nemmie’s Peanut Butter Balls. They taste like Reese Peanut Butter Cups, only so much better. I put the peanut butter mixture into a 9 x13, chill it, and then covered it with melted semi-sweet chocolate chips. The bars are very hard to cut and make pretty so if you are concerned about pretty, roll balls. Oh, and I mixed everything in my food processor which made the process quite simple. After it mixed in the food processor it only took a few minutes to form it into dough.

The Peanut Butter Bars were a HUGE success- as Nemmie says, “Try keeping this recipe to yourself.”

Peanut Butter Balls

Ingredients:
2 c. crushed graham crackers*
2 c. powdered sugar
2 c. peanut butter (creamy or chunky, your choice)**
1/4 c. butter (barely melted in the microwave)
Dipping chocolate

Mix together the first 4 ingredients as you would a pie crust. Chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour.

Melt the dipping chocolate. Roll peanut butter mixture into small balls, and dip into the chocolate. Allow to set on wax paper. Chill until served.

My helpful hints.
*I also put the graham crackers in the food processor and made them very fine. You don’t want chunky bits of cracker.
**I used all natural peanut butter-who needs the extra junk they put in peanut butter?

2 comments:

Ellen said...

So, I feel like a waste of skin today. Yes, I have started the laundry but that's about it! A woke up around 5 times at 4:30, each time requiring me to run in there and put the binkie in her mouth. Also, I didn't go to bed until after midnight. Therefore, my huge ambitions of cleaning the entire house and having the laundry completed by now, and these "buckeye balls" made, has completely given way to reading this cats sugar blog. I'm TOTALLY addicted! I wish that Shonna would've told ME about it!

Hey, at least I'm out of my pjs... And so is A! That's a step in the right direction!

JENNIFRO said...

Those look sooo good. I'm going to make them for worker bees!