Friday, January 28, 2011

Spicy Lemon Garlic Shrimp or Recipe #2

I am in love with the Pioneer Woman and her blog. She is amazing and her food is delicious. While I was in Texas last week, I tried her Spicy Lemon Garlic Shrimp. I had never cooked raw shrimp before and if I have to say so myself, the dish was pretty fantastic. My friend at work who is an amazing cook and grew up on the coast of Spain told me to soak my frozen shrimp in cold salt water to defrost them (he says the salt help get rid of that frozen in the bag taste and he was right!). So, I let them sit in the salty cold bath for about 10 minutes and then I rinsed them and put them in the refrigerator until I was ready for them. I bought a 1 lb. bag of frozen shrimp from Whole Foods and halved the recipe.



The shrimp were perfect after 8 minutes and the butter sauce was incredible. This is an easy, fast and delicious recipe.


Recipe: Spicy Lemon Garlic Shrimp

| | |

Ingredients

  • 2 pounds Raw Shrimp, Deveined, Shells On
  • 2 sticks Cold Unsalted Butter Cut Into Pieces
  • 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
  • 4 cloves Garlic, Peeled
  • ¼ cups Fresh Parsley
  • ½ teaspoons Crushed Red Pepper
  • 1 whole Lemon, Juiced

Preparation Instructions

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Rinse frozen shrimp to separate, then arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet.

In the bowl of a food processor, add cold butter, garlic, lemon juice, salt, parsley, and red pepper. Pulse until combined. Sprinkle cold butter crumbles over the shrimp.

Bake until shrimp is opaque and butter is hot and bubbly.

Serve with hot crusty bread. Peel and eat the shrimp, then dip the bread into the butter in the bottom of the pan.

1 comment:

Anjie said...

Yum! I am going to have to try this one for sure!