Two nights ago I received a voice message from one of the counselors in my bishopric (I don't know if he is 1st or 2nd counselor). His message said, "Hi, Chris. I am calling to talk to you about a calling (Quoting About.com, "In The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints a "calling" is a position or assignment in which members have been asked to serve or perform. Members are called of God to serve each other, and all callings are important. Callings are voluntary, are issued by the proper authority, and are usually for a few years.") so if you have time tonight, you can call back or we can talk on Sunday........" Well, I could not take the suspense and called him right back and.....I got his voice mail. So, the next morning, I called him at work (the number was on my phone) and I graciously told him that I could not wait until Sunday. So, he presented me with a calling and I have accepted. I thought it would be fun to have people guess what my calling is and if you are right, I will buy you a milkshake.
Here are my hints: 1. I have never had this calling before. 2. My mom could not guess it and I let her play 20 questions. 3. I think that this is a really good calling for me.
So, if you want to play, leave a message (that is for all of you blogstalkers). I will be revealing my calling on Sunday.
Here are my hints: 1. I have never had this calling before. 2. My mom could not guess it and I let her play 20 questions. 3. I think that this is a really good calling for me.
So, if you want to play, leave a message (that is for all of you blogstalkers). I will be revealing my calling on Sunday.
3 comments:
I think you are the nursery leader. If you are, I think you will be awesome!! Hope all is well.
Have you ever taught rs or ss? I think you'd be excellent at that! (and so many other things.) :)
What is it???
K. guesses Employment specialist
L. guesses Family History consultant
Post a Comment