Have you ever all of a sudden felt as if you have seen what you are looking at, before? Had the conversation that you are having, thought the thoughts, felt the feelings, that you are thinking and feeling at that moment, before?
Whenever it happens to me, I try to remember where I was when I thought or saw or felt those things, before but somehow my mind always responses, you were right here. You were sitting or standing or driving here in the exact spot, before. My mind tries a little harder to try and remember, to figure out the puzzle and then something says, "Oh, it is just déjà vu." Just déjà vu? I use to get frustrated when I experienced this phenomenon because I wanted to know the trick, the secret, the reason but then a friend of mine told me what her Pastor thought of déjà vu. He said, "Déjà vu is just the Lord's way of letting you know you are on the right path."
Well, that answer gave me some ease. Now, when I experience that feeling as if I have done something before, my mind starts to strain to remember and to crack the code then something says, "It's just déjà vu and the Lord's is just letting you know you are on the right path" and then my mind starts straining to figure out what path this is and where it is going.
Whenever it happens to me, I try to remember where I was when I thought or saw or felt those things, before but somehow my mind always responses, you were right here. You were sitting or standing or driving here in the exact spot, before. My mind tries a little harder to try and remember, to figure out the puzzle and then something says, "Oh, it is just déjà vu." Just déjà vu? I use to get frustrated when I experienced this phenomenon because I wanted to know the trick, the secret, the reason but then a friend of mine told me what her Pastor thought of déjà vu. He said, "Déjà vu is just the Lord's way of letting you know you are on the right path."
Well, that answer gave me some ease. Now, when I experience that feeling as if I have done something before, my mind starts to strain to remember and to crack the code then something says, "It's just déjà vu and the Lord's is just letting you know you are on the right path" and then my mind starts straining to figure out what path this is and where it is going.
2 comments:
I love that explanation. I get that all the time. Now I'll wear it as a badge of honor.
This is a much better explanation than mine. I just always thought my brain was playing tricks on me.
Post a Comment