I have been gone awhile and I think when you are gone for a while, it is hard to come back. I think about the times when there is a conflict at work or I put my foot in my mouth. It is the after the conflict or the next time you see the person that you offended that is the hardest. Sometimes I think it would be easier to avoid those uncomfortable moments. So it is with my blogging. I love to blog. I enjoy blogging but life got to hectic and too busy and I stopped. There were many times that I thought about coming back but I keep getting this awkward feeling like I was about to have an uncomfortable moment. If I was going to come back I thought, I wanted to come back with something interesting and something more than the mundane. Well after two-plus months of not blogging, I am coming back, at least until my life takes over. So, you may ask, “What is the incredibly interesting and exceptional event that brought you back?” My answer is simply, a miracle.
Today started as most of my days start, which is early. The big cheese CES guy came to observe my seminary class today and all in all things went well. My kids behaved, participated and even asked some thought-provoking questions. (Thank goodness I knew most of the answers) I could not have been happier because I honestly knew that they were on their best behavior because they wanted me to look good. It truly was an act of love.
I was feeling good about my day and then, well then, I got to work. Work was stressful and frustrating. I felt picked on and like my body needed to recover from beginning throw under a bus. I spent my day chained to my desk fuming. My frustration stopped when I received an email from a co-worker with a link to the CNN website with a message, “Did you see this?”
Well, “this” was an article about a plane that went down this afternoon in the Hudson River. The plane was headed to Charlotte, North Carolina from New York. Immediately, I thought about 9-11 and I thought about the inauguration (security in D.C. is TIGHT). Then I thought of an airplane that went down years ago in the Potomac River. The plane hit one of the bridges and crashed into the freezing January waters. Many people died. I was heartbroken and I felt so sad as I thought about the 135 people aboard the plane. I wrote back to my co-worker that I hoped some would survive. He quickly wrote back that most, if not all the passengers should be rescued because the plane stayed in tact but to be honest I had my doubts.
I drove home continuing to work for some of my trip and then half-way, I just drove in silence contemplating my day. When I was about 2 miles from my home I turned on NPR. One story finished and than the host started explaining about U.S. Airways flight 1549. My heart constricted as she explained that the pilot made an emergency landing into the Hudson River shortly after takeoff and then she said, “And all the passengers and crew were saved.” Tears rolled down my cheeks as I thought of this incredible miracle. A plane crashed into a river on a freezing cold January day and all survive. I think miracles especially big miracles deserve some recognition because there is nothing mundane about a miracle. I am glad to be back.
Today started as most of my days start, which is early. The big cheese CES guy came to observe my seminary class today and all in all things went well. My kids behaved, participated and even asked some thought-provoking questions. (Thank goodness I knew most of the answers) I could not have been happier because I honestly knew that they were on their best behavior because they wanted me to look good. It truly was an act of love.
I was feeling good about my day and then, well then, I got to work. Work was stressful and frustrating. I felt picked on and like my body needed to recover from beginning throw under a bus. I spent my day chained to my desk fuming. My frustration stopped when I received an email from a co-worker with a link to the CNN website with a message, “Did you see this?”
Well, “this” was an article about a plane that went down this afternoon in the Hudson River. The plane was headed to Charlotte, North Carolina from New York. Immediately, I thought about 9-11 and I thought about the inauguration (security in D.C. is TIGHT). Then I thought of an airplane that went down years ago in the Potomac River. The plane hit one of the bridges and crashed into the freezing January waters. Many people died. I was heartbroken and I felt so sad as I thought about the 135 people aboard the plane. I wrote back to my co-worker that I hoped some would survive. He quickly wrote back that most, if not all the passengers should be rescued because the plane stayed in tact but to be honest I had my doubts.
I drove home continuing to work for some of my trip and then half-way, I just drove in silence contemplating my day. When I was about 2 miles from my home I turned on NPR. One story finished and than the host started explaining about U.S. Airways flight 1549. My heart constricted as she explained that the pilot made an emergency landing into the Hudson River shortly after takeoff and then she said, “And all the passengers and crew were saved.” Tears rolled down my cheeks as I thought of this incredible miracle. A plane crashed into a river on a freezing cold January day and all survive. I think miracles especially big miracles deserve some recognition because there is nothing mundane about a miracle. I am glad to be back.
3 comments:
Yeah! I loved your post and am glad you're back. I couldn't believe the plane crash today. The rescue was definitely a miracle.
That was a great post...total miracle...that you're back, I mean.
Thanks for sharing that story. We've missed you!
Post a Comment