Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The Mini Experiment-Part 1

I have a fabulous seminary class. They are respective and attentive and I love being their teacher. I do however worry about the fact that I have very quiet kids and it is so early in the morning that sometimes I feel like I do all the talking. Well, tomorrow morning I am going to conduct an experiment. I have wanted to do this for two weeks but it had to wait until the right topic came up. My plan is to divide the class into two groups. Each group will get a list of instructions which state: Prepare a 5-10 minute mini lesson on the topic of keeping the Sabbath Day holy. The mini lessons must include the following:
  1. Participation from each group member
  2. Two scripture references
  3. Class participation
I have created a cheat sheet for each group with quote ideas, scripture references, and the paragraph on Sabbath worship found in the For Strength of Youth Pamphlet. Each group will receive their instructions, paper, markers, and some candy. I am going to give them 10-15 minutes to come up with a lesson and then each group will give their lesson to the class. This could either be really fun or a big bust at 6 a.m. I am off to bed, wish me luck!

3 comments:

Liz Lehnhof said...

I love the idea. How did it go this morning?

JENNIFRO said...

So! Was it a hit?

jill said...

I think that sounds great! I don't know if you know much about "scripture shares" but, we did that a lot on my mission, I really enjoyed them. It's a great way to help them think deeper about the scriptures and it allows them to be in the spotlight. Let me know if you're interested and I'll tell you the format.