Tuesday, August 26, 2008

1 week

My life is completely changing in 1 week. No more late nights writing amazing blog posts. No more paperbacks. No more weekday parties or movies. Seminary starts in 1 week and even though I am excited to be teaching again, I am dreading the exhaustion that comes with it. Last year I really did not know what I was getting myself into but this year I can't hide from it. My eyes have been open and there is no pretending that teaching early morning seminary does not completely change your life. Last year, I taught the Old Testament and I loved it and I am looking forward to teaching the New Testament this year. I have a smaller class this year (13 students, I had 18 last year) and I already know most of my students so that will make things easier.

Here are some pictures of my seminary room last year. This week is going to be crazy as I try and take care of all my work work and still prepare for seminary. If I blog less in the future- don't be a hater, I just needed my sleep.

My early morning sunrise and cold cereal for those student who came on time. This only lasted a few months.

My timeline of the dispensations.

Scripture Power board. Amazing quotes.

Assigned seating- very important!

This was one of our activities. The students spit into groups and each group taught a piece of the Plan of Salvation with visual aids. They did a great job.

Here are some pictures of my class from last year. I love these guys.
This is the reason that I am willing to give up my late nights and my weekday movies:)

6 comments:

kara jayne said...

I am jealous of your students. I want to be in your class! I'm sure you are amazing. Good luck!

jill said...

You're an amazing gal!!! What a sacrifice, you'll be so blessed!!!

Ellen said...

Does this mean that I won't get to talk to you again until the school year is over? Boo to that!

Ashley Richards said...

Hey Chrissy! You are by far the best seminary teacher ever! I wish I could be a fly on the wall to listen in. I love your blog! Email me anytime - ashleymrich@gmail.com. I miss you. New Testament will be so great because you remember everything from Jerusalem! Honestly you do. Love you, Ash

JENNIFRO said...

Okay....what needs to be done?? Let's get those boards done. Call me tomorrow!

Up in Bubbles said...

nobody can begrudge you sleep. You are so great to do the early morning seminary 2 years in a row. You are just to good at what you do. good luck this year.