Tuesday evening, I flew into Salt Lake. For dinner, my brother John and I went for sushi at Ginza in downtown. If you like sushi, they have yummy unique rolls and great miso soup.
Wednesday, I dropped by Evergreen Park to see some of my old high school friends and their children. I only had a few minutes but it was great catching up with everyone and seeing how their kids have grown. It was so fun to reconnect and play the game, "Oh, guess who I ran into?" For the record, I never just "run" into anyone from high school in D.C. so I always lose the game but it is fun to play anyway.
After the park, I meet up with my friend Catherine. Catherine and I were running partners in college and we are very comfortable just talking for hours. (When you are on a long run, you just talk about anything and everything.) Catherine is fabulous (even though she reads my blog and never comments:)). We would be happy doing anything but here is how we spent our day.
My brother John told me of a cafe named Toasters in downtown Salt Lake which made the best sandwiches so we decided to try it out. I needed change for the meter so I walked in to Toasters and I heard, "Chris?!" I turned around to find my brother Mike and my cousin Rich. What a crazy coincidence and a great way for me to get change for the meter, I mean come on, what are brothers for?! (Thanks Mike!!)
Here is our yummy lunch. A turkey and avocado toaster. They put balsamic vinegar on the sandwich which gives it a nice sweet and tangy taste. The cafe has an European flare to it that is very quaint. I would definitely go back!
Last year when I was in Utah I saw a museum exhibit of black and white photographs of historical Utah buildings. I thought that it would be really fun to get some of those photographs framed for my house. When I asked at the museum about the exhibit, they said that they were photographs from the Utah State Historical Society Archives. I have been waiting 7 months to pick out pictures so after lunch, Catherine and I headed to the Rio Grande building (one of my favorite buildings) to go to the archives.
Honestly, it was a great afternoon.
What would a hot day in Utah be without a Sno Cone
and you know how I like Sno Cones.
At Bob's Brainfreeze, you can get cream on the top of your cone.
and you know how I like Sno Cones.
At Bob's Brainfreeze, you can get cream on the top of your cone.
SO GOOD!
1 comment:
So fun! What I would give for that sandwich right now...I am starving!
Looks like you had a great trip. Glad you're back!
Post a Comment