Friday, May 30, 2008
A Light Bulb and a Potato
Sunday night I came home to a very dark house. Usually when I know that I am going to be coming home after dark, I leave a few lights on at home. However, I didn't really think about it and I came home to pitch black. I walked in, turned on some lights and headed upstairs to my bedroom. I settle in and started working (blog stalking) on my computer when one of the light bulbs in my ceiling fan started to flicker. I wasn't worried because I still had another light and I just planned to go downstairs in the morning and get a new bulb. All of a sudden, I heard a strange popping noise and the flickering light bulb fell onto my bed (only the glass part fell, the metal part that screws into the light fixture was still in the light fixture). The bulb was still orange and sparks were coming out. I sat there a bit stunned and quickly grabbed a towel and put the hot light bulb in the trash. I was just thinking that if I had left on my bedroom light, the bulb could have fallen on my bed while I was out and who knows what the sparks would have done. So, today I am grateful that I came home to a dark house. Oh, and I used the potato to get the metal part out of the fixture! So McGyver!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Great story! Now where did you learn the potato trick?
Weird that it just spontaneously broke! That seems very strange to me. Way to use the potato trick. And I loved the McGyver (sp?) reference!
Post a Comment